Biological science awareness tool
Country of origin: USA
Click for Full Details: www.facultyof1000.comBioMed Central now publishes a new website called Faculty of 1000. Faculty of 1000 is the next generation literature awareness tool. It is a revolutionary new online research service that will comprehensively and systematically highlight and review the most interesting papers published in the biological sciences, based on the recommendations of a faculty of well over 1000 selected leading researchers.
Articles are categorised in subject areas, including biochemistry, bioinformatics, biotechnology, cell biology, chemical biology, developmental biology, ecology, evolutionary biology, genomics & genetics, immunology, microbiology, molecular biology, molecular medicine, neuroscience, physiology, plant biology, and structural biology. In addition, users can browse the "Top 10", "All Time Top 10", "Most Viewed", or the "Hidden Jewels."
Faculty of 1000 is run by scientists for scientists, and provides a rapidly updated consensus map of the important papers and trends across biology.
Faculty of 1000:
- Provides scientists with a continuously updated insider?s guide to the most important papers within any given field of research
- Highlights papers on the basis of their scientific merit rather than the journal in which they appear
- Offers the researcher a consensus of recommendations from well over 1000 leading scientists
- Systematically organises and evaluates the mass of information within scientific literature
- Offers an immediate rating of individual papers by the authors? peers, and an important complement to the indirect assessment provided by the journal impact factor.